During the visit, we aim to provide pupils with an unforgettable experience designed to enhance their multicultural education. We will provide a friendly setting to a background of authentic Bhangra music.
A short talk will inform pupils about the origin of herbs and spices, how they are processed and used in indian cuisine.
Some children will be able to shape and tehn allow our chef to bake their naan bread in our tandoori oven. Once each child has visited our kitchen, the food prepared by our chef will be displayed in a buffet style for pupils to taste along with the traditional accompaniments of pilau rice and naan bread.
The Royal Spice will provide children with a wide variety of first hand experiences…
– Understand the origin of spices and some of their uses
– Handle, taste and smell spices, process them using a pestle
– Understand the Islamic requirement of Halal products
– Create naan breads and see them cooked in a tandoori oven
– Listen to traditional Asian music
– Experience indian food from our buffet table
The experience is best suited to 9-11 year age group and is available Monday – Thursday during school hours. The session is priced at £250 for upto 40 children.
VIEW NEWSPAPER ARTICLE
If you are interested in this opportunity or wish to make further enquiries, please call Zaff on 01226 391801 or 07790612272.